This is a very healthy breakfast or even a snack for kids after school. It is sweet and filling. It is full of energy. Saw this on a TV channel and tried. It came out really well and my family loved it.
- Oats - 1 cup
- Ripe dates - 15 nos.
- Sugar - 2 tsp (optional)
- Egg white - of 2 eggs
- Salt - a pinch
- Milk - as required
- Ghee/oil - as required
- Remove the seeds and grind the dates. Keep aside
- Grind oats and make it powdery
- In a deep bowl mix together ground oats, dates, sugar, salt and milk to get a thick batter
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Heat a tawa. Add little ghee and pour a laddle of batter on tawa
- Put on low flame and cover with a lid
- When one side is cooked turn to other side. Cook well
- Serve warm