This is a healthy breakfast dish. Most of us feel oats don't have any taste. Try this another recipe of my friend Swapna chechi whom I think should seriously start thinking of writing a blog. I persuaded her many times but she is lazy, more lazy than me. Nowadays my main job is to search her kitchen and find new dishes. There will be something simple and new items in her space everyday. This is one such quick and yummy savoury dish.
- Oats - 1 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 1 big (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 small piece (chopped)
- Green chilli - 2 (chopped)
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves - few leaves
- Curry leaves - a few
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Water - 3/4 to 1 cup
- Dry roast oats in a pan for 2 minutes. Keep it aside. (Dry roasting means you've to roast items in a pan without oil)
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add chopped ginger, onion, curry leaves and green chilli. Saute for 2 minutes or until onions are transparent.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add chopped tomato.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add dry roasted oats and mix well.
- Add water (3/4 of a cup and add more if required)
- Mix well. Put the flame on low. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot. ( Try with a little sugar. You'll love it)