It was our son's birthday on friday. So had a small snack party at home. This is one of the snacks. It is a very quick and easy to make mildly sweet samosa. You can increase the amount of sugar and add nuts, tutty frutties as your wish. I had earlier tried this recipe as pinwheels. You can prepare this and freeze it. Fry it when you've surprise guests.
- Paneer - 15 small cubes
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts - 6 nos. (chopped)
- Raisins - a few (chopped)
- Vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp
- Maida (all purpose flour)/Atta - 1 cup
- Oil for deep frying
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Salt - 2 pinches
- Water required to make dough
- Mix together maida, salt and melted butter. Add enough water to make a non-sticky dough.
- Crumble paneer well
- Mix together all ingredients from 2 to 6 very thoroughly.
- Roll out the dough into small circles (poori size)
- Put a spoon full of paneer filling in it and fold over into a half moon. Lock the sides. Give designs with fork. I used a mould to make this. (You get different moulds in market) (At this stage you can freeze it and fry as required)
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in thick bottomed vessel
- Deep fry until golden brown.
Other things in my snack list were
and the Marble cake