My son is not a big fruit fan. This time it was papaya and he was running around not even trying to taste it. I tried to disguise it as a halwa/jam and gave him in a piece of bread. He loved it. This can be stored in fridge for a week. It is yummy and 100 times better than store bought jams. Some add rice powder in this to make it thick(as in the case of halwa), but I wanted to use papaya as jam too, so I avoided it. Try this for your dear ones.
- Ripe papaya scooped - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1/2 cup (reduce sugar if your papaya is very ripe)
- Cardamom - 5
- Ghee - 1/2 tsp
- Powder sugar and cardamom seeds
- In a thick bottomed non-stick pan, put the scooped mashed papaya. Switch on flame.
- Add powdered sugar and cardamom powder to this and allow to simmer on medium flame.
- Add ghee. Let it simmer, stirring occasionally until the mix starts to leave from sides of vessel and becomes thick.
- Grease a plate and transfer the halwa to it.