I had 3 bunches of coriander leaves in my vegetable tray and it was starting to look sad. So thought of charming them by making a chutney and this green dish. I've kept the most beautiful ones to go in the sambhar. This dish came simply out of blue. My son likes the taste of cilantro and potato, so why not combine. It goes well with chappathi too. So I had 2 birds in one shot.. .. My husband's lunch box and son's taste .. :).. happy for the day
- Coriander leaves - 1 bunch
- Potato - 2 medium
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped
- Garlic - 1 tsp chopped
- Green chilli - 2
- Salt to taste
- Oil to saute
- Cube the potatoes and pressure cook it adding salt. Just one whistle is enough. Don't let it get overcooked and crumble.
- Grind together the coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and green chilli
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and add the above paste. Add salt (remember you've already added salt to potato, so only a little is required here). Saute.
- Add the cooked potato and stir fry. If you want it too dry, leave it on slow flame for sometime.
Sending this to Julie's event Cilantro and Cumin @ Erivum puliyum and St Patrick's challenge at very good recipes