This is a very spicy potato which goes well with rotis. It is easy to make and becomes a family favourite quite quickly. It's all about sauteing and stirring.
- Potato - 1 big
- Capsicum - 1 small
- Onion - 1 medium
- Garlic cloves - 2 big
- Green chilli - 1
- Dry red chilli - 5
- Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce - 1 tsp
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil for sauting
- Dice potato, capsicum, onion. Chop garlic. Slit green chilli length wise
- In a small vessel of boiling water put dry red chillies and cook for 2 minutes
- Allow to cool, drain and grind it without water to get red chilli paste.
- Cook potato until partially done. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic. Saute until raw aroma leaves.
- Add green chilli and diced onion. Saute until pink.
- Add dry red chilli paste. Saute.
- Add tomato sauce and soya sauce. Stir and mix well.
- Add salt to taste (remember you've added soya sauce)
- Add 3/4 cup water. Put the partially cooked potato and diced capsicum into it.
- Cover and cook until done.
- Mix corn flour in a little cold water to make a paste. Add to the above curry to get a saucy gravy.
- Let it simmer for 10 secs.
- Serve hot.