This is an easy to make stuffed paratha and you don't need that extra spoon of ghee to make it lovely. It is appetizing in its way itself.
- Chicken - 1/2 kg
- Onion - 1
- Ginger - a small piece
- Garlic - 2 pods
- Green chilli - 2
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice of half a lemon
- Oil - 1tsp
- Wheat flour - 3 cups
- Water as needed to knead the dough
- In a pressure cooker mix together cleaned chicken pieces, chilli powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt.
- Cook it until the first whistle and turn off the gas
- In the mean time chop the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli very finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped ingredients
- Fry until the onion gets the brown colour
- Open the cooker and de-bone the chicken pieces. Don't throw away the stock
- Pour this stock into the pan with onion-ginger-garlic and leave it on slow heat.
- In a grinder, grind the chicken and add it to the pan. Let all the stock dry up.
- Now you'll have a very smooth filling ready to go into your paratha.
- Make a dough with wheat flour as you make for chappathi.
- Roll out a chappathi and spread a lavish 1-2 tbsp filling on it.
- Make a slit from the center to one side of the roti, spread 1-2 tbsp of the chicken filling on the roti and start rolling from the slit around to make it a cone. Press the ends. (Thanks to masala tv channel for the rolling technique ;)
- Again roll out the stuffed cone. Put on a hot tawa and cook both sides. There is no need to add ghee as this paratha is tasty as such.