Hi there, today I thought of trying out a simple butter cake, although carrot cake is noel's favourite. Searching my cupboard, I found that vanilla essence was over, so thought of making it with pineapple essence. It doesn't make much difference except for the fragrance that comes as the cake bakes. You might be baking this basic cake all time at home for kids, but still I thought of jotting down the measurements for someone who bought an oven for the first time.
- Maida (all purpose flour) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup (powdered)
- Butter -100 gms (1 stick)
- Eggs -3
- Pineapple essence - 1 tsp
- Baking powder - 1tsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup (optional)
- Sieve maida and baking powder. Keep aside
- Separate the egg white and yolks
- In a deep bowl, mix together butter and sugar, beat it well until the mix becomes fluffy.
- To this add the egg yolks one by one and beat well. If all egg yolks go together, there is a chance that the batter will get curdled.
- Blend in your essence as well.
- Once you've blended all egg yolks, add 1/2 amount of flour mix and combine well with a wooden spoon. If the batter seems thick add little milk. Finally blend in the remaining flour.