I had some sprouted moong gram and was not in a mood to make any salad. Tried these healthy parathas and it tasted very nice. It is an easy recipe with not much ingredients and can be put in a category of healthy lunch box ideas. Do try
- Sprouted moong gram - 1 cup
- Ginger - a small piece chopped
- Green chilli - 2 chopped
- Onion - 1 small chopped
- Coriander leaves - 1 bunch chopped
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Oil for sauteeing
- Make a dough out of wheat flour adding required amount of water. Keep aside.
- Cook sprouted moong gram adding enough salt. Keep aside (avoid over cooking)
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add chopped ginger, green chilli and onion.
- Saute until it turns light brown.
- Add turmeric powder and salt (remember you've cooked sprouts with salt).
- Saute and add moong gram sprouts. Mix well and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Stir fry on low flame for 5 minutes and switch off.
- Make a lemon size ball out of the dough prepared earlier.
- Make a small hole in the center and spoon 1 tbsp of sprout mix. Cover the hole with dough
- Roll out into a circle and put on hot tawa.
- Add ghee or oil and cook both sides until done.