These apple sauce coated nuts are sweet and crunchy. The little ones who don't like to try walnuts will love this due to its subtle sweetness and cinnamon flavour. Here I sprinkled the nuts here and there in the dish and baked it. If you need bars you can layer it on a baking dish and bake it. Leave it cool very well and then break to small pieces.
- Almonds - 1/2 cup
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts - 1/2 cup
- Apple - 1 big
- Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- Jaggery (thick paste) - 2 tbsp
- Chop all the nuts into small pieces
- Puree the apple.
- Keep a sauce pan on low flame. Add jaggery and pureed apple.
- Allow it to simmer for 2 minutes or until it becomes saucy.
- Add cinnamon powder. Mix well.
- Switch off the flame and put the nuts into the sauce and mix well
- Line a baking dish with baking parchment paper and sprinkle these sauce coated nuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.