This is strawberry flavoured kesari. Hershey's strawberry syrup was sitting in my cupboard for sometime. I love its flavour and colour. I didn't know it would come out this well. The result was very tasty. I made this for a few friends of mine and they all loved it. Here I haven't added any extra colour. It is the colour of the syrup. Do try this one for your kid.
- Rava/semolina - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1 cup (boiled)
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom - 5
- Hershey's strawberry syrup - 1/3 cup
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Powder sugar along with cardamom seeds. Keep aside
- Heat a pan and add rava.
- Dry roast it for 2-3 minutes till you get an aroma (don't burn it).
- To this add boiled water and stir on low flame. If required add more water so rava cooks well. (Mash all the lumps)
- Once it has cooked add sugar-cardamom powder and stir well.
- Add the Hershey's strawberry syrup.
- Allow it to thicken. Stir occasionally. It will thicken soon.
- Now add ghee and stir until it starts pulling away from the pan. (it becomes a mass and doesn't stick to the pan)
- Grease a plate with ghee and spread this kesari onto it.
- When it cools down cut into desired shape and enjoy.