This is a very simple cookie. It doesn't need any eggs and doesn't have many ingredients. So it is an easy try for beginners too.
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Sugar (powdered well) - 1/2 cup
- Veg shortening - 5 tbsp
- Cardamom - 4
- Strawberry jam - 1 tbsp (optional)
- Powder together sugar and cardamom
- Blend together sugar mix and vegetable shortening (I used crisco)
- Once this has blended together, fold in the flour and make a dough similar to a chappathi dough.
- Keep it in fridge for an hour to set
- After resting time you can make small balls out of the dough and place on a baking dish lined with parchment paper. Place the balls one inch apart. I got 16 small balls out of this measure.
- You can bake as such or give a small thumb impression in the middle and add a little jam of your choice in it.
- Preheat the oven and bake at 175 degree C for 5-7 minutes. Adjust your oven accordingly. Cookies will be soft while they're hot. It will become rigid as it cools.