A simple dessert which can be made from the common things at home. And when it gets steamed it fills the home with flavours of vanilla. We love to have this warm pudding on cold days. It rained in bahrain yesterday night, something that happens rarely. The weather is quite cool, clear and good today. I was saying, this pudding happened at the right time to nibble on.
- Buns - 4 small
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 2 tsp (increase if you require more)
- Egg - 1
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Raisins - 10 nos (optional)
- Beat the egg. Add milk, sugar and vanilla essence and blend well
- In a big vessel, crumble bun and add the above mix.
- Prepare a vessel by buttering it. (I used aluminium foil vessel used to pack food)
- Sprinkle the raisins and pour the batter. Steam it for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- I used buns which was sweet, so reduced the amount of sugar.
- You can substitute vanilla essence with 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder too
- The above recipe serves 3