Vettu cake is one lovely snack found in all small thattukadas in kerala. I love making it at home. We cherish it with lots of school and college memories. It is my son's favourite too. Have it with hot steaming tea. :)
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Egg - 1
- Cardamom - 3
- Oil for deep frying
- Powder sugar along with cardamom seeds well.
- Sieve together maida and baking powder.
- Beat egg
- Mix together the maida, baking powder, sugar and cardamom.
- Add beaten egg little by little until you get a perfect dough.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes
- Roll the dough into a long cylindrical shape and cut into small pieces as shown
- Make a deep cross cut on each piece
- Heat oil
- Put the cut face of the dough down first into the oil.
- Deep fry until golden brown.