Puff pastries are so versatile. You can make so many yummies with them. This one also was a small trial and came out well. I made a sweet filling with paneer. You can use the same filling to make sweet spring rolls. Loved it.
- Puff pastry - 4
- Paneer - 15 small cubes
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts - 6 nos. (chopped)
- Raisins - a few (chopped)
- Vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp
- Crumble paneer well
- Mix together all ingredients from 2 to 7 very thoroughly.
- Thaw the puff pastries. Press together 2 pastries at one end to get a lengthy one. (Now you'll have a lengthy rectangle shaped pastry)
- Lay it flat on a plate and spread the above mix on it.
- Start rolling from the smaller side of the rectangle. Roll it away from you into a big spiral. Paste the
- Slice this long spiral into small 1/2 inch sections
- Lay them on a baking sheet and brush with egg/milk
- Bake at 150 degrees for 20-25 minutes