On my last birthday I got a number of baking dishes as gift from my better half. It is like the old saying "kill two birds with one stone". He gets to eat all the good baked stuff and can also satisfy my gift desire too. :) A doughnut pan was one of them. It took a while for me to use it. I got this from recipe from here. It was spongy and not so sweet. But along with the cocoa glaze it was great.
For the glaze
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as required
- In a large bowl mix together flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, add milk, vanilla and oil. Blend well.
- Into the wet mix, add the dry mix and blend well.
- Pour into each doughnut hole till half the height.(If you fill it too much, you won't be able to get the hole in the middle when it rises)
- Bake in a preheated at 150 degrees Centigrade for 10-15 minutes
For the glaze
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Cocoa - 1 tbsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup (add as required)
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Mix together sugar and cocoa.
- Add milk to this and mix well. Put on flame
- Add butter.
- Stir continuously as the mix thickens.
- Stop at the required thickness and allow it cool (It will become more thick as it cools)
- Dip each doughnut in your glaze and leave to set