When we feel like having a quick dessert this is what I make. It is all time hit and a comfort food for us. Most of you must've prepared this at home. It's my son's favourite. When he isn't in a mood to have dinner this is what I fill his tummy with. I've used broken matta rice/broken red-par boiled rice to make this. This is easy rice kheer but not a very quick one.
- Broken matta rice (podi ari) - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 3 cups
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardomom - 4 pods
- Grind together sugar and cardamom seeds. Keep aside
- Wash and clean the rice.
- In a pressure cooker put the raw rice and 2 cups of milk.
- Put on low flame when you get the first whistle.
- Wait for 4 more whistles and switch off the flame.
- Once all the pressure is relieved open and add sugar-cardamom. Mix well
- Add remaining one cup of milk. Leave it open on low heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve warm.