Everytime I make this my husband and kid starts eating the prawns from the pan itself. This time I begged them to leave a few for taking some snaps. So I had to pick some and keep on top to say it is a prawns fried rice. This is a spicy rice and you can vary the pepper according to your spice level. Also you can substitute prawns with cooked shredded chicken and make it a chicken rice.
- Prawns - 1 cup of medium size prawns.
- Basmati rice - 1 and 1/2 cups
- Carrot - 1 big diced
- Beans - 20 nos. diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Ginger - 1 medium size
- Green chilli - 3
- Onion - 1 big chopped
- Spring onion - 1 bunch
- Pepper powder - 2 tsp
- Soya sauce - 2 tsp
- Oil for sauteeing
- Salt to taste
- Clean the prawns and cut it into small pieces
- Cook basmati rice in enough water, add salt and allow it to cool really well. (Avoid overcooking)
- In a thick bottomed big vessel heat oil
- Add finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies
- When the colour changes add finely chopped onions and saute until pink & transparent.
- Add diced carrots and beans. Add soya sauce. Lower flame and saute until they're cooked but yet crunchy.
- To the above add prawns and saute. (It takes only 2-4 minutes to cook prawns)
- Add pepper powder and salt to taste (remember you've used soya sauce above. It contains salt, so add salt here accordingly)
- Finally add the cooled cooked rice and chopped spring onions. Mix well on flame. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with any chinese side dish like manjurian