Earlier I had tried making cups with breads (check bread cups), this time I've used puff pastry to make these small tiny cups. It came out really cute. Actually these puff pastries were low fat ones and had broken due to long time in refrigerator. I didn't have another option than making putting it in cupcake tray and making it small cups. You can make the filling of your choice. I've tried a spicy veg filling here. The combination was very tasty.
- Puff pastry - 3
- Frozen vegetables - 1/2 cup (you can use fresh ones. dice the vegetables)
- Onion - 1 medium
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Tomato - 1 medium
- Oregano - 1/2 tsp
- Steak sauce - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Oil for sauteeing
- Thaw the pastry sheets. Cut each one into four squares and line the cupcake holes.
- Puree the tomato and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic. Saute
- Add chopped onion and saute until pink and transparent.
- To this add red chilli powder and oregano.
- Saute for a few seconds and add pureed tomato. Let it cook until all juices dry up.
- Now add the thawed vegetables, add steak sauce and salt to taste
- Mix well, cover and cook.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, allow it to cool.
- Spoon into the pastry cups in the tray.
- You can top it with cheese if you like
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until done.