It is yet another weekend. Hope you all must've planned for a great weekend. Yesterday I made these small buns in cupcake tray. Hence got a lovely shape. I've stuffed it with sausage, jam and cheese. It is easy to make but a bit time consuming as you've to wait for the dough to raise and become double. Kids will surely love this tiny-mini buns. I've used a mix of wheat flour and maida to make it. Do try.
- Maida - 1 cup
- Atta - 1 cup
- Yeast - 1 tsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- In a glass, put sugar and yeast and add 1/4 cup of lukewarm milk. Stir, cover and leave undisturbed for 5-10 minutes.
- Sieve together atta and maida. Add salt
- Mix together the remaining milk with water.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour the fermented yeast.
- Add oil and knead. Add milk-water duo little by little until you get a not too sticky dough.
- Keep it covered for 1 hour. It will double in volume.
- By this time prepare the filling of your choice.
- I've used a sausage pepper stir fry, jam and cheddar cheese.
- The fillings should be really cool before you stuff in.
- When the dough has doubled in volume, punch it down.
- Make small lemon size balls out of it, make a hole it in center
- Place your favourite filling in it and cover well.
- Put each ball in each space in cupcake tray.
- Brush with milk or egg. Cover the tray with foil
- Leave it for another 20 minutes. It will raise again.
- Preheat your oven and bake them at 150-160 degrees centigrade for 15-20 minutes.