I know this is one of the most usual dishes on your dining table. It is one irresistible potato dish which we love to have every week. These days my little boy has become very naughty (earlier also he was but after vacation he became 4 times more) and is taking most of my time. So most of the time goes on running after him and shouting Noel noooo... :) .. this aloo jeera is one dish he likes to pick and eat. Cumin flavour is not something I love always, but with potato I love it.
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Potato - 3
- Onion - 1
- Red chilly - 3
- Salt to taste
- Oil for sauteing
- Boil the potatoes with salt and cut it into small cube sizes. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add cumin seeds and saute for 10 secs.
- Break your red chillies and above to the cumin. Saute
- Add sliced onion. Saute for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add salt to taste (you've cooked potato with salt, so add accordingly here)
- Add your boiled potato cubes.
- Saute until you get the cumin flavours into the potato (10 minutes on medium flame). Don't over use your spoon for sauteeing as you'll smash your potatoes
- Serve hot