This is an easy way to eat something tasty on a lazy day (if you've some cleaned prawns). I had some cleaned shallots in my fridge so things were very quick. Just had to mix and love all ingredients and put it on flame. Enjoy with hot rice.
- Prawns - 250 gms
- Shallots - 1 cup + (3 for tempering)
- Chopped ginger - 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Green chilli - 5
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Kudam puli - 2 pieces
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Clean the prawns. If they're big one cut each one into 2 to 3 pieces.
- Slice shallots and green chilli. chop ginger .
- In an earthenware (or any kadai) put together all the ingredients and mix well with your fingers.
- Keep on flame and let it cook for 6-10 minutes (Prawns actually take only 2-3 minutes to cook. you can adjust the cooking time according to your taste)
- Switch off the flame
- Temper as below
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds.
- When it starts spluttering add sliced shallots and saute until brown.
- Pour over the thoran.