This is one of my mother's favourite thoran. She does it quite differently from the usual one, like not adding jeera, garlic and turmeric. I too love it for the difference from other thorans. It reminds me of my school days. She used to keep these wrapped in vazhayila in my lunch box so nothing would get mixed and I used to love the smell of those banana leaf along with it. Hmmm nostalgic :)
- Raw banana - 2 medium
- Shallots - 6
- Green chilli - 3
- Grated coconut - 1/2 of one
- Coconut oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cut the banana into small cubes
- Grind together grated coconut, shallots, green chilli.
- Put in a thick bottomed or non-stick vessel, add little water, salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook until all water dries up and the banana is well cooked.
- Switch off the flame. Drizzle coconut oil and keep covered for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, stir and serve.