I was lazy to make the usual dosa/idli breakfast and landed with a wonderful sandwich. I had some frozen vegetables and a packet of bread which was saying "use me". The mixed vegetables was a combination of diced carrots, beans, corn and green peas. Then I cooked some potato in pressure cooker and the rest took only less than 10 minutes.
- Brown bread slices - 6
- Mixed frozen vegetables - 3/4cup
- Paneer - 5 small cubes
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Onion - 1
- Potato - 1 cooked
- Tomato sauce - 3 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1 tsp
- Oil for sauteing
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp (optional)
- In a pan add thawed vegetables. Add salt. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. No need to add water.
- In a frying pan heat oil. Add chopped garlic.
- When it turns light brown, add the cooked vegetables, pepper powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Cook the potato in the pressure cooker adding salt. Keep aside
- Mix together tomato sauce and mayonnaise.
- Place one slice of bread in a plate and spread the sauce mayonnaise mix on it.
- Place two slices of onion and then a patch of crumbled potato.
- Top with another bread slice. Again spread sauce mayonnaise mix.
- Spread the sauteed vegetables. Top with 3rd slice of bread.
- Your sandwich to go in toaster is ready
- Apply little ghee on outer slides of the sandwich (Omit this step if you don't want)
- Keep in preheated toaster for 4 minutes.
Sending this to Let's Party-Breakfast, Bon Vivant breakfast ideas, SPotlight Healthu breakfast IDeas Roshni's kitchen (Nithu's event)