Spring rolls are one of our favourite snacks. My husband always want something when he is back from office. This is one in "hit list". This filling is super easy to make. I've made the crepes myself. Instead you can use the spring roll pastry found in super market. That makes it even easier. You just've to thaw it and roll with filling. We prefer these crepes than the pastry ones. This one is more tasty and filling. You can put it in your little one's lunch box too as a healthy filling meal.
For paneer filling
- Oil for frying
- Egg - 1
- Maida (All purpose flour) - 1/2 cup
- Corn flour - 1/2 cup
- Water/Milk as required
- Salt to taste
- Paneer cubes - 50 gms
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp (Increase if you want it more spicy)
- Coconut powder/Grated coconut - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients for the paneer filling. Combine well with your fingers. Keep aside.
- Mix together the flours, beaten egg and salt.
- Add milk/water to above as required to get a very loose batter (watery batter).
- Heat tawa and put it on low flame.
- When warm pour a ladle of loose batter on to tawa.
- Rotate the tawa in circular motion so you get a big crepe and let it cook
- Remove the crepe from tawa when one side is cooked.
- Put it on a wide plate. Put some paneer filling to one side of the crepe
- Fold the right and left sides of the crepe over filling, then lift up the wide end nearest to you and put it over. Roll to the other end. Secure the roll by using a little all purpose flour paste and paste it tight.
- Repeat to make crepes and roll with filling. Make sure you make thin crepes.
- You can fry this in oil until golden brown. Serve warm with tomato sauce.