This is a leftover surprise with Idiappams which is a usual breakfast in Kerala and Tamil nadu. If you've some idiappams left after the breakfast you can easily make this as a snack for kids after school or as dinner. It is very tasty. Do try.
- Idiappam - 8
- Mustard seed - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger - 1 small piece (chopped)
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Green chilli - 2
- Egg - 2
- Coriander leaves - 1 bunch
- Salt to taste
- Oil for sauteing
- Crumble idiappams and keep aside
- Beat the eggs, add little salt and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds
- Once it splutters add chopped ginger, green chilli and onion. Add salt and saute
- When onion turns pink add the small pieces of hand broken coriander leaves (don't chop)
- Saute for a minute. Add beaten egg and saute again well until it becomes semi dry.
- Add the crumbled idiappam and saute until dry.
- Serve hot.