I had a small cauliflower in my refrigerator and was planning to make a curry out of it. But then this was my husband's wish to have it stuffed in a paratha. He prefers these stuffed ones to the usual cauliflower curries. Cauliflower is not one of his favourite vegetable. My parathas are always thick. I stuff a lot of stuffing into it. So one or one and a half will surely fill your tummy.
- Cauliflower - 1 small size
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 of a bunch
- Oil for sauteeing
- Wheat flour
- Water required for kneading
- Make a dough out of wheat flour and keep aside
- Wash and rinse cauliflower florets well.
- Chop it into very tiny pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When an aroma comes add finely chopped ginger. Saute for a minute
- Into this add the turmeric and chilli powder. Saute for a few seconds
- Add finely chopped cauliflower into this. Add salt to taste and coriander leaves.
- Saute, cover and cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Open and stir fry until dry.
- Make a lemon size ball out of the dough prepared earlier.
- Make a small hole in the center and spoon 1 tbsp of cauliflower mix. Cover the hole with dough
- Roll out into a circle and put on hot tawa.
- Add ghee or oil and cook both sides until done.