Our neighbour aunty was talking about pineapple pachadi somedays back. She is the one who gave me this recipe. I've never seen amma make it though I've tasted it at weddings. Since I got the recipe, there was no reason for waiting further. The recipe is so simple, that I don't know why I waited so long. ;)
Sending this to the kerala kitchen, Cookezee, Summer splash
- Pineapple - 1/3rd of a pineapple chopped
- Water as required
- curd - 1/2 cup
- Green chilli - 3 medium
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut grated - 1/3 of a coconut
- Cumin seeds - 1/ 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1tsp
- Shallots - 3 sliced
- Dried red chilli - 1
- Chop pineapple into very small pieces and put in a vessel with little water to cook well.
- Grind together all ingredients given under "for grinding" into a very smooth paste adding enough water.
- Add this coconut paste to the pineapple pieces and cook for 2 minutes
- Switch of the flame and add curd, stir well.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add sliced onions and red chilli
- Pour over the prepared pachadi