These purple spinach are very attractive and I used to love this from childhood more than the green ones. Amma used to make stir frys. Now I had some paneer in hand so added it also. This is very simple and easy to make and serves as a side dish to rice as well as roti.
- Purple spinach - 1 bunch
- Onion - 1 big
- Green chilli - 4 slit lengthwise
- Paneer - 15 small cubes
- Oil for sauteing
- Salt to taste
- Chop the spinach leaves and crumble paneer
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add the sliced onion and slit green chillies. Saute until pink
- Add the chopped spinach, saute. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt to taste.
- Add paneer and stir fry on slow heat until all spinach juice dries off.