This is my quick way of making tomato rice. It has all the tanginess of tomato and you can make it a bit spicy if you wish to. I had some cooked basmati rice from yesterday's lunch part. So it was even more easy to make a yummy dinner.
- Cooked basmati rice - 2 cups
- Garlic - 2 pods
- Tomato - 2 big
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 bunch
- Oil for sauteeing
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Make a puree of the tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel
- Add chopped garlic and saute for a minute on medium flame.
- Add tomato puree and saute until all water dries off and it becomes thick.
- Add butter at this stage
- Add chilli powder and saute for a minute. Add salt to taste (I had cooked rice with salt, so add accordingly here)
- Put the cooked rice into it and mix well. Add hand broken coriander leaves along with stem.
- Mix well. Serve hot.