Hi friends, I'm trying something after a break of almost 2 months. It is nice to be back and be among you all.
I just wanted try a chocolate cake for little one, but then after the break forgot to get baking powder. So tried this recipe and it came out well. I had to cut it when it was just out of the oven as the big and small stomachs couldn't wait any longer. So it was very moist during the snap session. Do try
- Maida - 3/4 cup
- Eggs - 2 nos.
- Butter - 90 gms
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
- Instant coffee - 1/2 tsp
- Granulated sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 tsp
- Sift maida and keep aside
- Melt butter.
- Mix together melted butter and cocoa powder until all lumps dissolve
- Break the eggs one by one and add to the cocoa-butter mix. Mix well
- Add 1 tsp warm water to instant coffee and add this to above.
- Into this add granulated sugar and blend well.
- Fold in the sifted maida using your wooden spoon. It will be a thick batter.
- Prepare your square dish with butter and pour the batter into it.
- Preheat the oven and bake at 150 degree centigrade for 20 minutes.
- Bake until the toothpick inserted comes out with a little batter and few moist lumps. (as said in "Joy of baking"). Avoid over baking.