Merry christmas to all. Hope you all are into baking and cooking great stuff. This time I made a marble cake which is one of family favourite. It was moist and yummy. You can play with the batter to make your own designs. You can make cupcakes or loafs or round cakes. Enjoy the season.
- Maida (all purpose flour) - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter - 120 gm
- Cocoa - 2 tbsp
- Instant coffee - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
- Preheat oven.
- Powder the sugar. Keep aside
- Sieve together maida, salt, and baking powder. Keep aside
- In a bowl put butter and powdered sugar and beat well until soft and fluffy.
- To this add vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add eggs one by one and blend well using the mixer.
- Add half of the dry mix (maida & baking powder) to the above and fold in gently.
- Add 1/2 quantity of the milk given ingredients to the batter. Fold in.
- Add the remaining dry mix and fold in.
- Divide the above batter into 2 parts.
- Into the remaining milk mix cocoa and instant coffee. Strain it.
- Add this to one part of the batter. Fold in slowly and beautifully well.
- Now grease a cake tin and pour vanilla batter on to the base.
- Pour chocolate batter on top of it. Spread and gently move a spoon through both batters in zig zag motion. Don't over mix.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. (All ovens vary, so adjust it accordingly)