I was bored to make the usual side dishes for chappathi and tried this fish dish. It went really well with it. It is simple but has a little bit of oil in it as it requires frying the fish first and then sauteeing it with masala. Otherwise it is a finger licking one. I used king fish pieces to make this.
- Fish pieces - 100 gm (bones removed and cut into small pieces)
- Onion - 1 big
- Tomato - 1 medium
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Garlic - 2
- Green chilli - 1
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp + 1 tsp (for marinating) (see Note)
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp (for marinating)
- Oil for sauteeing and frying fish
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the small fish pieces with chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- In a frying pan heat oil and fry the fish pieces.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel
- Add chopped ginger, garlic, green chilli and chopped onion
- Saute until pink and transparent.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder. Saute until the raw aroma leaves.
- Add chopped tomato. Add salt to taste. (Remember you've marinated fish with salt)
- Add the fried fish pieces. Stir fry on low flame for atleast 10 minutes (the longer the better)
- Serve with chappathis
Note: Adjust your spices according to your spice levels